Poker rules – the main rules, features and Poker combinations
Poker is definitely the most popular hazard game in the world. The fans visit land-based casinos, online sources, or organize “battles” on the kitchen. One of the main reasons of such popularity is quite simple Poker rules of all available Poker games, but, of course, the “headman” is Texas Holdem Poker. And if a player knows the rules of this game, there won’t be any issues to try own luck in other varieties of this fantastic and exciting entertainment. That’s why particularly Poker rules of Texas Holdem will be taken as a “starting point”.
The basic Poker rules
The game is played with a standard deck with 52 cards, where the number of players varies from 2 to 10. The winner is a participant, who has the best combination. But there’s also a very attractive feature that consists in using psychological know-how and the “option” of bluff. If a gambler is a professional in these aspects, it’s a chance to win with the worst hand, by making opponents to drop their hands.
But the main thing about Poker rules is the combinations. Every player should learn them by heart, before starting to participate in tournaments or heads-ups. Below is the list of the possible combinations starting from the strongest one.
- Royal Flush. It is not for nothing that a very famous movie about the agent 007 is called: “Royal Flush”. This combination is the best one, but everybody, who knows Poker rules, understands that it’s quite an event to have it in the hand. It’s organized from 10, J, Q, K and A of the same suit.
- Straight Flush is very similar to Royal Flush, but there’s no need to have the highest cards of the same suit. It’s enough to have 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the same suit to have this combination.
- Four of a kind. This is the combination with four same cards, e.g. four 10s.
- Full House is a hand with 3 cards of a kind + a pair.
- Flush can be got if there are 5 cards of the same suit.
- Straight. When 5 cards go one after another, this combination is gathered. As an example, it can be 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 of different suits.
- 3 of a kind. Three Jacks, e.g. is one of the possible variants.
- Two pairs. The name is self-explanatory. One pair + another pair creates this combination.
- One pair. Two cards of the same kind make this combination.
- The highest card is treated as a winning variant, when opponents don’t have any combinations.
The understanding of mentioned basic Poker rules are absolutely enough to start own “career” in this amazing, hazard game.
The main characteristics of Poker games
It’s better to study some options of the game, taking under the consideration Texas Holdem. Rules of Poker are not only combinations, but some actions, which are to be made during the process of the game. Every player receives 2 cards from the very beginning after what the first bidding starts. When it’s over, 3 shared cards are dealt on the table, and other bets are made. The next 2 cards are called Turn and River, and they are also followed by new bets.
Every gambler can make a bet, call the opponent’s bet, raise it or drop own cards, if it’s unclear that the combination on the hands is good enough.
It doesn’t matter whether a player wishes to try own skills in Texas Holdem or other types of the game, there are many gambling sources, which provides demo modes or teaching programs to simplify the process of understanding all basic rules. So, good luck!